Thursday, September 9, 2010

One year ago





It was one year ago that we received the very first picture of Emenet. That was such an exciting time for us. Bill had just left for his long road trip for work and I was out shopping. I was not expecting a referral so soon from our agency. Caitlin told us we could look at the picture and decide if we wanted to except this child or not. Needless to say it was love say first sight. I could hardly wait to get home to look at the pictures. Our lives were forever changed! Fast forward one year... Today was our "re-adoption" hearing. Emenet is now "officially" ours according to the state of Pennsylvania. Your birth day is officially 10-15-2006 and your name has been changed to Emenet Elizabeth Richardson. It was a big day! We took so many pictures. After our court hearing we came back to our house and had a wonderful Ethiopian feast. She was so excited to have injera and Kik Aicha, Misser watt, and what I call beef watt. I made everything except the injera. Emenet ate till she could eat no more. It was nice to share this day with my parents sister and both sister-in-laws! What a great way to celebrate our referral anniversary! Now she can not wait till her birthday next month! She will be turning the four! Next week will be her first full week at preschool. She has turned into a busy preschooler!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story. As I read this I am watching my little Guatemalan angel play on the couch. He is now 8 years old. We officially became his parents on December 9, 2002. He was five months old. Adoption is a beautiful way to grow a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations on completing the re-adoption. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete